If you like shopping, getting mani-pedis, and a day at the spa, then prepping for a photoshoot may be as fun as being in one. Here are a few tips that I recommend before the big day.
1. Get your eyebrows waxed three days before the session. Preferably by someone you trust and know your eyebrows well. If you’re new to eyebrow waxing, be sure to try out your waxer at least two weeks before hand, and ALWAYS speak your mind about how you want your brows done. Don’t wax the day before because your skin will likely still look red.
2. Get a mani-pedi the day before. Whether you you do it yourself or go to a salon, nail upkeep is crucial for a photoshoot. Your nails will be all over your photos, and you want them to look your best. If you get them painted, then make sure it matches with every outfit you’re going to wear, or don’t paint your nail at all.
3. Hydrate well and eat well. When the body is hydrated well, the skin is supple and appear less worn. Drink at least 2 liters a day, eat plenty of greens and fruits, and try to stay away from too much sugar and dairy. Excessive sugar and dairy can make you breakout. Also, take one multi-vitamin a day, it’s great for your skin and for your body.
4. PLEASE DON’T TAN! Everyone thinks tanning looks great, but in pictures, you’ll just look orange. Wear hats when you’re outside for a long time, put on plenty of sunscreen, or just avoid the sun all together. Better to be a vampire than a Japanese ganguro girl.
1. Go shopping. I always recommend getting one killer outfit that will send you and everyone else over the moon in awe. It doesn’t have to be expensive, and it can even be borrowed. Bring your mom, friends, or whoever. Make it a fun girls day out.
2. Get a facial. If you’re acne-prone or have lots of black/white heads clogging your pores, it’s time you see a specialist. Getting a facial a week and a half before is best. Please don’t get a facial the day before the photoshoot, your skin will look red and blotchy, and no one is suppose to put on makeup 24 hours after the facial, or else all that makeup will just clog the pores back up.
3. Tell yourself that you are beautiful and wonderful. Confidence looks better than any outfit, so be sure you give yourself ample amounts of loving before the session.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin